Where Is It?


All of my life I’ve walked this earth,
Seeking out my own self worth.

Looking here—searching there…
Yet seeming to find it nowhere.

As a dove flying from tree to tree;
Forever pecking to find me.

Lost in the winds of time,
My flight pattern is hard to find.

Planting my talons firmly on life’s learning branch;
Which set me in a hypnotic trance.

Behind all the deceitful smiles that were not real,
Now my heartbeat was starting to congeal…

Like Snow White life was poisoning me to sleep;
While thoughts of God’s word slowly began to creep…

Into my mind shaking the depths of my soul,
Reminding me of all I’d ever been told…

About His unconditional love;
The reason He sent Jesus from above.

As my body began coming out of the deep,
He reminded me of all the promises He’d keep.

And how if I’d continued doing my best,
He would surely take care of the rest.

He taught me to discern what is lurking behind life’s facades and masks,
With that gift I’d truly come to know my self-worth at last.

It wasn’t a prince who woke me from my sleep;
But a God who promised my soul He would keep.

©c.f. leach

© Rhema International. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission, from this blog’s author and/or owner, is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rhema International.

No comments:

Post a Comment